May 30, 2007

The Magic Duster

At the discussion room today, I had painstakingly charted out the entire course of action on the white board, literally. Our team was looking at an alliance deal with an organization well known in the industry.

My super boss came into the room, discussed few more things and suddenly decided that this wasn’t the right approach. Just like that. In a single sweep of the duster, those lovely rectangles, pointers and asterisk on the board disappeared. Every one seemed happy except me.

How wonderful it would be if I could erase my past mistakes, my guilt trips and unintentional bloops. Just like that. Would this make me happy or others?

1 comment:

Priya Arun said...

Well, most times the 'others' wouldn't even notice that we erased our past mistakes, guilt trips and bloops! but hey, it matter to us so we should go ahead and erase them off - ofcourse after learning our lessons from 'em :-) we cant really afford to make new mistakes to learn the old lessons ;-)

P.S: If the above lines didn't make any sense whatsoever, blame it on today being Friday. My mind just stops working at around 9 AM Fridays. :-)