May 31, 2007

The Relic Hunter


I am sure my cousin did lot of hunting on this! The romantic side of me would imagine he had been to faraway exotic lands, riding high on this mean machine, checking out for monsters and slaying dragons in the bathroom. Dinosaurs hidden under the bed, trembling at his war cry.
The mountainous stairs to the first floor however, refused to bow making him red with anger, and he vowed one day he would conquer them.
And he did.
Ever since, this trusted aide of the Zulu warrior has rusted on the terrace.

4 comments:

Priya Arun said...

Ah, the memories! My barbie dolls (I know, I had a very cliched childhood) have been handed down to the next kids in line..and my brother's trusted AK-47 with its 'kara kara kara' sound is nowhere to be seen! :-(

My tricycle had a red plastic seat and red streamers from the handle bar. :-) And then my brother started using it and it became a boys' bike :-( with stupid GI Joe stickers and ugly scratches.

Bikerdude said...

Wish I could fit in a tricycle again :(

RustyNeurons said...

@ Priya:
This one too has had its days of glory with red seat and the streamers :) Yes, I remember the AK-47 guns! Boys are so boring.. they never get any other toys!

@ BD:

If you could fit in a Reva..... ;P

Prashanth said...

Heh heh. Mmmmm. Nostalgia can be so rich and gentle with a heart, sometimes.